view cart account checkout
Watch your back

How to hold onto knitters’ interest over the steamy months of summer–the critical and perennial challenge for anyone in the yarn/knitting business. Linen pieces, definitely. (See Sparrow.) After that, things in a lightweight wool–Chickadee, say, or Tern?

I’m thinking that shrugs are good. And little cardigans. Thinking, too, because of a request–that I’ll ask Cecily Glowick to adapt the lovely Judith shrug (above) to a small cardi. I wouldn’t mind it with a few buttons. Maybe 3/4 sleeves. Thoughts?

Me? I’m in a cotton tank top most of the time, but once the sun goes down, I’m looking for sleeves and buttons. And unsexy as they are, a pair of socks.

13 Responses to “Watch your back”

1. Erin says:

As much as I love shrugs…for me they just don’t work in real life. I am just not lithe or thin enough where it looks good. BUT a 3/4 length sleeve on a cardi would be FABULOUS. It would be great to see this pattern adapted as you have suggested.

2. Meg says:

Yes!! A little cardi would be great. I was thinking of adapting it myself, but would rather have it done for me. Love it!!

3. Susan says:

I can’t do shrugs, either, at least for myself (adorable on babies, though!). I would buy this pattern in a New York minute if it was adapted for a 3/4 cardigan.

This model is stunning, by the way. I do hope to see her modeling future Quince designs!

4. Margaret says:

I agree that the shrug is pretty for someone but it’s definitely not me! I’m 58, not 16 so something with sleeves and a waist works best. This girl looks beautiful in the photos and it’s the perfect garment for her. But an adaptation would be great.

Margaret

5. Amy J says:

I agree with the other “posters” an adaption would be great. (Although like everyone else said, the model is just beautiful!) And speaking from TX where we’re already 100s, something light to throw on in the AC would be just the thing :)

6. Diane says:

Yes yes to the cardigan for sure! And 3/4 sleeve sound perfect for summer. Love the color of this shrug!

7. Bonnie says:

I’d love to see a cardi adaptation!

8. Leah says:

This shrug will work nicely for wearing with sleeveless dresses this summer and I love the little bit of lace pattern on the back! I think a 3/4 sleeve sweater similar to this would be great.

9. Dorothy says:

I’d love to see the cardi version myself. 3/4 sleeves would be great. VEry useful for summer evenings and in the office.

10. Stephanie says:

Love the cardigan idea. Could it be top down seamless?

11. Jessica says:

A little cardigan version of this is exactly what I’m looking for!

12. Susan says:

I’m so happy to see so many others agree on the 3/4 sleeve cardi adaptation. I’ll be watching the blog closely for this suggestion to materialize!

13. admin says:

Yes, indeed, top down! That’s how the current piece is constructed. We love top down, too!